Fra Smakfulle favoritter
Dansk rabarbrakake fra "Valentine Warner eats Scandinavia"
- 250 g lightly salted butter
- 250 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 unwaxed lemon, zested
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, crushed and chopped
- 1/6 tsp table salt
- 150 g plain flour
- 40 g potato flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 600 g rhubarb, chopped into 1-2cm chunks
- 2 tsp ground star anise
- 200 g golden caster sugar, for sprinkling
Slik gjør du
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 5. Grease and line a round 22cm spring-form cake tin with baking parchment.
- Combine the butter, sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl and beat the mixture for 8 minutes using an electric mixer until the sugar has totally dissolved.
- Add the lemon zest and ginger to the mix. Add a small pinch of salt and stir again.
- Once completely mixed together, add the plain flour, potato flour and baking powder and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the tin. Pour the rhubarb on top of the mixture.
- Sprinkle the ground star anise on top of the rhubarb, and then pour the golden caster sugar on top.
- Cook the cake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, checking the cake’s progress after 1 hour.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.